Looking for an unforgettable city break, then we recommend a visit to Saint Petersburg, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, know also as the "Venice of the North". Here you will find a variety of architectural treasures such as churches and royal palaces, splendid views and unforgettable museums. If you are planning to visit this gorgeous city, then first we can help you finding the best place to stay from our large selection of accommodation, including Guest Houses, apartments and luxury hotels with splendid views to the main monuments and cathedrals.
What to See in St Petersburg:
- The Hermitage (The Winter Palace). The Hermitage is known as the greatest museum in Russian one the biggest museums in the world with its impressing collection of over 3 million exhibits. The museums was founded in the times of Catherine II, and its collection started from 225 paintings brought from Berlin by the Empress's request. Since 1863 the Hermitage opened its doors to public to impress visitors not only with its unique collection but also with its splendid interiors.
- Peter Paul Fortress. The Fortress was a historical place where the city started in 1703, and remains its centre and one of the most recognizable symbols since then. The Fortress is a small city with probably the most concentrated museums area in the city. Right before the walls the city beach is situated from where a fascinating view opens.
- St. Isaacs Cathedral. The Cathedral is one of the most impressive buildings in the city, city's main cathedral before the communist regime, and one of the most visited museums after. From the colonnade at the top of the Cathedral a breathtaking view of the city opens behind the eyes of public.
- Pavlovsk Palace & Park - St Petersburg suburbs. Royal suburb only 27 km from St Petersburg, a present by Catherine II to her son, the Great Duke Paul. The Palace built there became his summer residence, and the Park surrounding it is the largest in the suburbs and possesses numerous sculptures.
- Tsarskoye Selo - St Petersburg suburbs. One of the most luxurious suburbs of the city, with the most splendid Park. The Catherine Palace is one of the most rich Palaces in the suburbs treasures a unique Amber room.
- Peterhof Palace & Gardens - St Petersburg suburbs. Famous Russian Versailles is situated on the bank of the Gulf of Finland only 29km from the city. A kingdom of fountains which brings you back to the golden times of the Russian Empire.
Please visit the official tourist information site for more details on things to do and see : St Peterburg Tourist Office
For everything related to Saint Petersburg tours
Plan an unforgettable trip to Saint Petersburg – The Venice of the North on destinationRussia.com. We feature the latest deals on Saint Petersburg hotels, and offer unbelievable discounts on hotel rooms. Finding the right hotel can be daunting with hundreds of options to choose from. Let destinationRussia.com help you find the best place to stay from our large selection of guesthouses, apartments, and luxury hotels. Discover the beauty of Saint Petersburg with destinationRussia.com.